The 12 dangerous substance are danger to dog’s health
The 12 things that dog owner should be well aware if you don’t want to poison your dogs.
The 12 things you should Never feed your dogs
Chocolate contains a stimulant called theobromine (similar to caffeine) that is poisonous to dogs.
Theobromine mainly affects the heart, central nervous system and kidneys
Many of the pets are unnecessarily poisoned due to their owners have the little knowledge about the toxic food for their dogs.
All forms of onion will make your pet ill including dried/dehydrated, raw and cooked onions.
Be particularly careful when disposing of leftovers such as pizzas, Chinese and Indian food and even baby food often contains puréed onion.
Grapes and raisin can be extremely dangerous to dogs.
The signs and symptoms may not become apparent for up to 5 days after consumption.
There are many substances available that are just as dangerous as chocolate
Avocados contain a substance called persin which can give dogs diarrhoea or make them vomit.
Before you feed your beloved dog leftovers from your dinner, Emma Hammett, the founder of First Aid for Pets, reveals 12 things to avoid in a piece for The Hippocratic Post.
Alcohol is significantly more toxic to dogs than to humans and could cause vomiting, diarrhoea, decreased coordination, depression of the central nervous system, shaking, difficulty breathing, abnormal blood acidity, coma and even death.
Caffeine can have a similar effect to chocolate. Dogs are more sensitive to the effects of caffeine than people and large quantities can cause toxicity.
7. MACADAMIA NUTS
Macadamia nuts cause dogs to experience weakness, depression, tremors, vomiting and reduces their ability to maintain their body temperature and they may overheat.
Symptoms typically last for 12 to 48 hours.
8. CORN ON THE COB
Corn on the cob and sweetcorn often results in gastrointestinal blockage and causes constipation, vomiting and can make them very ill.
Xylito is an artificial sweetener found in many foods such as sugar-free gum, diabetic cakes and diet foods.
Xylitol has also been linked to fatal acute liver disease and blood clotting disorders in dogs.
10. COOKED BONES
Cooked bones are particularly dangerous for dogs as the bones become brittle and can splinter causing choking or possibly puncturing further down the digestive tract.
Milk and milk products can cause diarrhoea as dogs struggle to break down lactose.
Ibuprofen coated in sugar is very appealing to dogs – if you suspect they have eaten them you need to get immediate veterinary help.
Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhoea, bleeding from the gut, stomach ulceration and kidney failure.
Many dogs are poisoned by their owners who don’t know any better